This week has just flown by. On Monday and Tuesday afternoon I worked with Zoey on the backhoe clearing out trees for a picnic area. I'm getting pretty good at working it! I'm sure everyone at home would get such a kick out of watching me maneuver it, I definitely laugh at myself at lot!
Yesterday morning I tromped around in the woods marking the camp border. They are going to have people come in to do a controlled burn so the property lines need to be properly marked. It was really tiring because we were wearing our steel toed boots and doing a lot of hiking. However, it was really nice walking around off the beaten path and exploring the woods, despite the rainy and cold weather.
Today has been much nicer, sunny and mid 60s. We've been finishing up some painting and doing other miscellaneous tasks around camp. We are all really excited to get the afternoon over with because we get the next 4 days off. Tonight Water 3, who is stationed in Wickes, AR, is coming to stay with us through Saturday. We are all really excited to see some of our friends that we haven't seen since CTI! Tonight a bunch of us are going to go out downtown. Then tomorrow we'll be cooking away! Another team staying in Little Rock will be joining us tomorrow for dinner. There will be over 30 of us all together. I think we are going to play a game of football then enjoy a delicious meal! The rest of our time off we will be hanging out with Water 3, hiking, canoeing, and playing around camp.
We found out on Sunday that our next project is going to be in the gulf region. 8/9 of the gulf region projects are in New Orleans so we will most likely be going there. We are SO excited to be there during Mardi Gras. It's definitely something that I have wanted to experienced and now I get to for free!
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I am very thankful, for my friends and family at home, and for my amazing new AmeriFamily. I am so lucky to be working with the group of people that I am. I haven't gotten home sick at all because they are such an amazing support system and really feel like family. I do miss everyone at home and can't wait to visit for Christmas!
Danielle
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment