Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sorry!


My roommate Kristy on her very first snow day ever!



Part of our haunted house



Before pic of haunted house



Snowy downtown

Denver Art Museum (this is for you, Jason, if you're reading!)



Coors factory--that's a lot of beer in those kettles!


Christina, me, and Savannah all ready to rock climb!



Me, Jess, and Tim listening to African music at the DAM



My friend Nicole and I riding the light rail last weekend



Snow day! That's me rolling the giant snow ball
Hello! Sorry for slacking on my blog posts. I had a very fun filled week with lots of adventures! Last Sunday a bunch of us took the bus out to Golden, CO to check out the Coors factory. It was really cool to learn all about making beer and we even got free beer at the end, woohoo!

Last Wednesday, after sitting through the most boring 4 hours of safety training (aka common sense training,) we went to lunch and got the call from our TLs that we had the rest of the day and Thursday off for a SNOW DAY!!!!!!!! By the end of the snow storm I think we had about 18 inches of snow and we had a great time playing!

On Thursday with our day off, some of us decided to check out the Denver Art Museum. It was so huge we couldn't even hit half of it in the 2 and a half hours that we were there. I could spend all day in there!

On Friday we had to go back to "work." However, it wasn't really work because all we did was go indoor rock climbing for hours. It was the first time I had been and it was awesome. I was definitely sore the next day.

Saturday was a really fun day as well. On one of our days off, some of us headed to a local police department that was throwing a Halloween carnival type thing for kids and for the entire day we designed and ran a haunted house, and got ISP hours for it while eating way too much candy. Putting it all together was great but the real fun came when the kids did. I took them on tours and got to be "Jason" for awhile. There were some high schools kids that dressed up and jumped out at people as they walked by. We actually made some of the little kids cry and some "tough" 12 year olds scream like girls. It was all around a great day. We got back around 8:30, got ready, and then headed downtown for the night. We got a delicious dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery and then went to one of our favorite bars, Scruffy Murphy's. The next day I got to relax, do some laundry, and read.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. We got some training by Red Cross and then learned how to change the tires on the vans and to put on snow chains. Today will probably be a similarly boring day, more Red Cross training (learning CPR.) The highlight of the week is definitely going to be Thursday when we find out our permanent teams and our first project. Then on Friday we are spending all day with our team. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Anyway, I'm glad I finally got a chance to update this! We had the most horrific experience at 5:45 this morning when the most god awful sounding fire alarm went off (fire drill.) We determined that if there is ever a fire, us on the third floor are definitely doomed since it took about 5 minutes to file down the one flight of stairs that we all share! Hope everything is going well for everyone.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment