Welcome to my blog! I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out but maybe I'll be a blog-master by the end of my NCCC experience! I'll try to update this as much as possible, but I'm not sure how much spare time I'm going to have and the internet may not always be accessible.
As of now, I have 1 day, 22 hours, and 45 minutes until my plane leaves PDX. I'm very excited and ready to start something new! My address for the next 10 months will be as follows:
Danielle Pokorny-Class 16
AmeriCorps NCCC
3001 S. Federal Blvd.
Walsh Hall, Room 136
Denver, CO 80236
When I am away from the campus on "Spike," (the term used for the different projects I'll be doing,) mail will be delivered from that address to our Spike location by AmeriCorps staff.
For those of you unfamiliar with AmeriCorps NCCC, here is its website which has everything you'd ever want to know: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/nccc.asp.
I won't know what specific projects I'm doing until the time actually comes, but my region includes Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri. I can't wait to find out where I go first!
That is all for now...if you'd like to send me a personal email, the address is djpokorny@gmail.com. I'll write another post once I get there! :)
-Danielle
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment