Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The training continues...

SNOW DAY

Yesterday was a very long day. We did driver training in the 15 person vans for what seemed like an eternity. We started off the day with a couple of hours of classroom training, (a powerpoint presentation followed by a terribly boring movie,) then sat in the car for 6 hours driving all over Denver. I took my test and was done in under 30 minutes, the van wasn't hard at all to drive. We went to Red Rocks again and stopped by Buffalo Bill's grave. It definitely gave me a taste of what it's going to be like to drive out to our Spike locations which can be up to 8 hours a day for three days straight.

This morning we woke up to a snowy day! Crazy because it was over 80 degrees on Sunday. I tried out my new steel toed boots in the snow.

We switched teams again today. It's kind of cool because I'm really getting to know most of the people in my unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment